- First, check the expiration date! Condoms are safe for about 5 years after manufacture- after that the latex starts breaking down.
- Make sure the condom hasn't been exposed to extreme heat or cold.
- If the condom fits, wear it. (Sorry we had to say that). Don't be afraid to experiment with different brands and styles to find one that feels good and is easy to use. After all, there are LOTS of different kinds out there: in every size and color of the rainbow, with dots, ribbed, and in a plethora of flavors like chocolate, strawberry and banana. Studies also show that a person who finds condoms difficult to use is less likely to use them at all. So don't be afraid to experiment until you find a style that works for both you and your partner.
- When you're using condoms for oral sex, don't forget to watch those teeth. (And don't open the package with your teeth, either).
- Don't be afraid to add more lubricant if things feel a bit dry. Did you know nowadays you can get lube that comes in lots of flavors, including passionfruit and pina colada? Just remember: DON'T USE OIL-BASED LUBE (or Vaseline) with latex condoms.
- Leave a bit of room at the top of the condom (about a half inch), both for the ejaculate and to make it more comfortable.
- Withdraw and throw the condom away promptly after ejaculation.